Thursday, July 9, 2009

27 Things: Lifelong Learning: Thing Seven and a Half - Play

If there is one thing this exercise has been it's play.

We are supposed to play with electronic tools and play with our blog and play with our thinking. Learning by rote, like memorizing a language, may help you with its mechanical use but is too easily forgotton with the passage of time. Playing with something, though, and having fun while playing with it, impresses the brain and the heart with joyfull memories.

I had fun doing this - I think I'll do it again.

You know what I can do? I can do that with this!

Let me show you how.

This is how I did it.

What you did was great!

Some just aren't as excited about using specific electronic tools as others. Honestly, some of what I played with just didn't click. That's okay. I love Flickr. (I also have a Picasa account.) Thingfo did nothing for me. (Just couldn't make it work.) I may never use Twitter, but I know how. (Who is this person and why do they want to follow me? Block!)

I have discovered blogging. This is one of the best ways I have found to capture and express my thinking. By limiting most of my posts to 250 words I force myself to think and write concisely. My posts are not exhaustive descriptions but personal and professional questions with short answers, or creative thoughts requiring no answers.

I'm still learning, and will, as I'm inspired, continue writing.

Gerald F. Ward

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Your posts really make me think. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete