Thursday, December 10, 2009

Eternal Flame Digital Story

I think there is a certain personality in every person who works in a library to want to see something they have written be published. After all, we like books. We like to read. We especially like to read something well written. Somewhere inside is the desire to write and influence people to think what we think.

Unless someone is completely beaten down, there is an innate desire of wanting others to value our work. I am no different. There are differences found in personal expectations. Sometimes those expectations are unreasonable. Other times those expectations are so low they will never be met. Healthy expectations never demand from others what cannot be delivered. Without expectations nothing would ever be accomplished.

My personal expectations demand I do the best I can with what I have, learning from all of the examples I have encountered throughout my life. I want to do good work. At the same time, I want to add to the collective knowledge and wisdom of the community.

Having said all this (no arrogance intended) I have just finished work on a Sacramento Digital Story for the Library. This is the first time I've ever done something like this. All comments are encouraged. Ideas for stories are also encouraged.

Gerald F. Ward

See http://www.blip.tv/file/2952673 or

1 comment:

  1. I thought this Digital Story was well-done, and I was impressed by the poise and maturity of thought the young interviewees displayed. I didn't know there was a ceremony for retired flags, so I learned something patriotic,as well.

    As for new ideas, I think you found some really fascinating stories among our federal documents - think there's a Digital Story or two in that collection?

    ReplyDelete